A. General Provisions.
1. Requirements. After providing sanitation service in any area of CVWD, CVWD may declare the further maintenance or use of septic tanks or any other local means of sewage disposal in such area to be a public nuisance and may require a property used by human beings to be connected to the sewer within 90 days after written notice; provided, that the sanitation system is available for use within 200 feet of the property.
A building sewer lateral shall be installed in accordance with the requirements of the governing agency. The applicant shall pay for the cost of installing the building sewer lateral and shall be responsible for the cost of maintaining it. The CVWD may inspect the installation.
2. Separate Property. Separate property under single control or management shall be furnished sanitation service through a separate street sewer lateral unless otherwise approved by the general manager. Separate houses or buildings on the same lot, or on adjoining lots, under single control or management shall be furnished sanitation service, at the option of CVWD, by either of the following methods:
a. Through a separate street sewer lateral to each house or building; or
b. Through a single street sewer lateral to all houses or buildings.
3. Division of Property. When property having a street sewer lateral is divided into two or more lots, the existing street sewer lateral shall be considered as belonging to the lot to which it directly enters, and a new street sewer lateral shall be installed for the remaining lot or lots at the applicant’s expense.
4. Sewer Charges. The prevailing sewer charges will be imposed on all property as provided for in CVWDC 4.05.160 and/or subject to the provisions of subsection (A) of this section at the expiration of the 90-day notice period.
5. Contractor Experience Statement and Deposit for Building and Street Sewer Lateral Installation. Contractors interested in installing building and street sewer laterals must complete the contractor experience statement in Exhibit 1 of this chapter in its entirety and submit to CVWD for evaluation. The contractor must submit a $5,000 cash deposit with the application in the form of cash or check made payable to CVWD. Contractors deemed to have the requisite experience based on the scoring criteria contained in Exhibit 1 of this chapter and that have complied with the deposit requirements will be placed on CVWD’s building and street sewer lateral list.
Parties seeking to perform building and street sewer lateral installation must utilize a contractor that is included in the building and street sewer lateral list. CVWD does not warrant the performance of any of the contractors included on the list and interested parties should perform an independent investigation and evaluation of each company before retaining a contractor to perform work. (Ord. 1427.1, 2017)